dustyv

Default Cell colour change automatically

Is it possible to create a formula to automatically turn a cell a given colour?
Example: -
If I type the word "Yes" in a cell I would like the cell to turn red
automatically,
If I type the word "No" in a cell I would like the cell to turn green
automatically.
Is this possible?
If yes please recreate a formula to assist me.
Many thanks -=- dustyv

JulieD

Hi

this can be achieved via conditional formatting
select the cell(s) that you want to go green or red
choose format / conditional formatting
choose
value is
equal to
type
no
click format - choose green - ok
choose ADD
choose
value is
type
yes
click format - choose red - ok twice

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD

"dustyv" wrote in message
Is it possible to create a formula to automatically turn a cell a given
colour?
Example: -
If I type the word "Yes" in a cell I would like the cell to turn red
automatically,
If I type the word "No" in a cell I would like the cell to turn green
automatically.
Is this possible?
If yes please recreate a formula to assist me.
Many thanks -=- dustyv

dustyv

Thank to both of you for your advice - it works OK with the colour of the
typed word
Is there a method to do the same with the background colour of the cell?
Thanks again

"dustyv" wrote:

Is it possible to create a formula to automatically turn a cell a given colour?
Example: -
If I type the word "Yes" in a cell I would like the cell to turn red
automatically,
If I type the word "No" in a cell I would like the cell to turn green
automatically.
Is this possible?
If yes please recreate a formula to assist me.
Many thanks -=- dustyv

JE McGimpsey

Look up Conditional Formatting in XL Help. Background colors are set
using the Patterns tab of the CF dialog.

In article ,
dustyv wrote:

Is there a method to do the same with the background colour of the cell?

Chris Rogers

keep in mind that conditional formatting is limited to three conditions.