vijay

Default how to insert numbers/letters in a chart

how to write or label point once chart has been created.
John Mansfield

Vijay,

There are several ways . . .

(1) When you build a chart using the Chart Wizard, the Wizard gives you
several options to label a heading, X and Y axis, as well as a data labels
option.
(2) If the chart is already built, you can do the same as described in 1
above by clicking on the chart, going to the standard toolbar and clicking on
Chart - Chart Options.
(3) You can apply labels via the text box option in the drawing toolbar.
(4) You can insert numbers and/or letters by modifying the source range for
the underlying data.
(5) You can apply labels via several free Excel addins that are available at
the following sites:

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/

Please see Jon's site for a quick charting tutorial:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html

Hope this helps.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

how to write or label point once chart has been created.

Carole O

Hi, Vijay -

Your toolbar should have the word CHART in it. Click on CHART, select Chart
Option, then Titles.

Hope this helps,

Carole O