Carmax

Default Adding a Name Box in a Chart or Footer

I have created a name box in Excel named CurrMonth and I want to add this to
a chart or footer. Any ideas?
Jon Peltier

You mean a text box? Select and copy it, select the chart, and paste.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Carmax wrote:

I have created a name box in Excel named CurrMonth and I want to add this to
a chart or footer. Any ideas?

Carmax

Thanks Jon but its not a text box.

I created a NAME BOX which is like a field in Excel. Many of my formulas in
the worksheet are based on this NAME BOX. CurrMonth is the NAME BOX which is
a drop down list including all months in a calendar year.

If CurrMonth = Jan then many of my formulas will act a certain way. Many of
my formulas on the worksheet will act differently based on every month
selected.

I want to add the Current Month or the NAME BOX called CurrMonth into a
graph or footer so I can tell what month's data is being represented. Here
is one of my formulas that references the NAME BOX CurrMonth -
=HLOOKUP(CurrMonth,$S$3:$AD$42,6,FALSE)

Here is another formula =CM

Carmax wrote:

I have created a name box in Excel named CurrMonth and I want to add this to
a chart or footer. Any ideas?

Jon Peltier

What you are describing is a cross between a combo box control and a
defined name. The only name box I know of in Excel is the name box to
the left of the formula bar.

You can use a combo box (from Forms menu) in the worksheet to select one
item from a list. Put a similar combo box on the chart, and link it to
the same input range and cell link, and it will display the same item as
the first combo box, since both are linked to the same cell.

- Jon
-------