AB

Default Stacked + Clustered

Hello,

How could I create a graph (chart) with both stacked and
clustered data?

For example, I have sales data per zones (North, East,
West, South). The data is further split into time-
quarters (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4). Within this, there is a
further split based on hardware type A and hardware type B.

I wanted to create a graph that has as "X" axis the
zones. For each zone, I want one stack per quarter. Thus
all quarters are clustered together and in each quarter
the sales per hardware type are stacked.

How could we do this?

Thanks a lot for your ideas.
Andy Pope

Jon has an example and links to others.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Bernard Liengme

Also my website
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"AB" wrote in message
Hello,

How could I create a graph (chart) with both stacked and
clustered data?

For example, I have sales data per zones (North, East,
West, South). The data is further split into time-
quarters (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4). Within this, there is a
further split based on hardware type A and hardware type B.

I wanted to create a graph that has as "X" axis the
zones. For each zone, I want one stack per quarter. Thus
all quarters are clustered together and in each quarter
the sales per hardware type are stacked.

How could we do this?

Thanks a lot for your ideas.

ab

Yes, that worked just fine. Thanks for the help.

This solution is good for a one time usage; but for a
repeated usage, is there a means to save a generic
template?

How could I create a graph (chart) with both stacked

and
clustered data?

For example, I have sales data per zones (North, East,
West, South). The data is further split into time-
quarters (Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4). Within this, there is a
further split based on hardware type A and hardware

type B.

I wanted to create a graph that has as "X" axis the
zones. For each zone, I want one stack per quarter.

Thus
all quarters are clustered together and in each quarter
the sales per hardware type are stacked.

How could we do this?

Thanks a lot for your ideas.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
.

Jon Peltier

Actually, Bernard, the page of mine that Andy cites is only a list of
links, and yours is the first link. I like your explanation best for the
poor user who is having difficulties.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP