Peter

Default calander

Ideally I'd like to create a calandar like this:
1. Put "01/02/04" in a cell A1 and in cells B1 to B35 I get returned each
day in Feb listed eg: Mon 1st Feb, Tue 2nd Feb etc.
2. I don't want to run into March so I can't use 1/2/04 +1, +1....+31
because I'll get 3rd March in the Feb calculation, but 31st Oct in the Oct
calculation!
3. Can I do the above but only show working days (Mon-Fri).
4. Finally. Can I draw a line at the start of every Monday.

Any help to any of the above gratefully recieved
Many thanks
--
Peter
London, UK
Bob Phillips

Peter,

Put this formula in A2 and copy down to A31

=IF(A1<"",IF(MONTH(A1+1)=MONTH($A$1),A1+1,""),"")

and format as "ddd d", doesn't show the ordinal value I am afraid.

If you only want working days, add conditional formatting and a formula of
=WEEKDAY(A1,2)5
and give a font colour of white

--

HTH

RP

"Peter" wrote in message
Ideally I'd like to create a calandar like this:
1. Put "01/02/04" in a cell A1 and in cells B1 to B35 I get returned each
day in Feb listed eg: Mon 1st Feb, Tue 2nd Feb etc.
2. I don't want to run into March so I can't use 1/2/04 +1, +1....+31
because I'll get 3rd March in the Feb calculation, but 31st Oct in the Oct
calculation!
3. Can I do the above but only show working days (Mon-Fri).
4. Finally. Can I draw a line at the start of every Monday.

Any help to any of the above gratefully recieved
Many thanks
--
Peter
London, UK

Peter

Great answer Bob. Worked very well. Thanks.
One more thing. How can I show only weekdays eg: 20 working days in a month
with no spaces. Possible?
Many thanks
Peter

"Peter" wrote in message
Ideally I'd like to create a calandar like this:
1. Put "01/02/04" in a cell A1 and in cells B1 to B35 I get returned each
day in Feb listed eg: Mon 1st Feb, Tue 2nd Feb etc.
2. I don't want to run into March so I can't use 1/2/04 +1, +1....+31
because I'll get 3rd March in the Feb calculation, but 31st Oct in the Oct
calculation!
3. Can I do the above but only show working days (Mon-Fri).
4. Finally. Can I draw a line at the start of every Monday.

Any help to any of the above gratefully recieved
Many thanks
--
Peter
London, UK

Myrna Larson

You can put the first date in the top cell, then used Edit/Fill/Series to fill
the cells: specify the stop date and weekdays only.

"Peter" wrote in message
Ideally I'd like to create a calandar like this:
1. Put "01/02/04" in a cell A1 and in cells B1 to B35 I get returned each
day in Feb listed eg: Mon 1st Feb, Tue 2nd Feb etc.
2. I don't want to run into March so I can't use 1/2/04 +1, +1....+31
because I'll get 3rd March in the Feb calculation, but 31st Oct in the

Oct
calculation!
3. Can I do the above but only show working days (Mon-Fri).
4. Finally. Can I draw a line at the start of every Monday.

Any help to any of the above gratefully recieved
Many thanks
--
Peter
London, UK

Bob Phillips

Peter,

Yes, I shbould have given you this to start with

In A2: =IF(A1<"",IF(MONTH(WORKDAY(A1,1))=MONTH($A$1),WOR KDAY(A1,1),""),"")

anmd copy down.

You can even ignore holidays if you put the holiday dates in tabel and
b=name it say 'holidays' with

=IF(A1<"",IF(MONTH(WORKDAY(A1,1,holidays))=MONTH( $A$1),WORKDAY(A1,1,holiday

Myrna's solution is only good once, if you change the dat5e in A1, you have
to re-do it.

--

HTH

RP