TREK5200

Default conditional formatting blank cell

I have a cell in which I want it formatted to a yellow background if the
value is = 100. I have formatted it and it works fine. However, when the
cell is blank, it is the yellow background color of the greater that 100
formatting. I just want the cell to be blank when it has no value. How can I
do this? I have tried adding another "blank" formatting for when the cell is
less than 100, but it doesn't work. Any ideas, or can this not be done?
JulieD

Hi

the only way i can get a cell to behave as you've described is either to
"delete" the contents of the cell using a spacebar - which doesn't delete it
but puts a space in it or have a formula such as =IF(A1A2,A1,"") in it,
which places a zero length text string in the cell - ie it isn't "blank"
either.

If the cell shading is the result of a formula then in the conditional
formatting choose
formula is and
type in
=AND(ISNUMBER(B1),B1=100)
where B1 is the cell you want to apply the formatting to.
and apply your formatting

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD