Keggarboy

Default Duplicate entries

I have a column with many numbers that are duplicates. How can excel help
me get rid of the duplicates with out doing each individual line one at a
time?
Max

One way ..

Assume the numbers are in col A, in A2 down

Put in B2: =IF(COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2)1,"X","")
Copy B2 down

This'll flag all duplicates in col A with an "X"

Now do a Data Filter Autofilter on col B
(put a label in B1 first)

In the droplist in B1, select "X"

This filters out all the duplicate rows

Select the row headers for the duplicates
(this will be all the "blue" colored filtered row headers)
Right-click Delete Row

Remove the Autofilter
--
Rgds
Max
"Keggarboy" wrote in message
I have a column with many numbers that are duplicates. How can excel

help
me get rid of the duplicates with out doing each individual line one at a
time?

Christopher

"Keggarboy" wrote in message

I have a column with many numbers that are duplicates. How can excel

help

me get rid of the duplicates with out doing each individual line one at a
time?

I also need help with this but when I do as you answered I get the
message "Wrong in formula" and :A2,A2 is highlighted in the formula. I
use a swedish localized Excel 2003 where the formulas use swedish names
but english should work as well right?
Peo Sjoblom

No, you would need to use

=OM(ANTAL.OM($A$2:A2;A2)1;"X";"")

it will translate English formulas if you get a workbook with them but you
can't enter English formulas

Peo Sjoblom