kcohio

Default menu commands are gray

When making a new file, commands are okay. I have a file I update once per
month, however now some of the menu options are grayed out. Worksheet is not
protected. Can anyone help me?
Gord Dibben

kcohio

You don't say which items are grayed out, so just guessing here.

Possibly you have two or more sheets "grouped" as in selected?

Do you see [Group] behind the filename in title bar?

Note which sheets are grouped. The sheet tabs will be white.

Then right-click on any sheet and "ungroup".

Note: check your data carefully on any sheets that were grouped.

What you have done to one will have been done to others.

Also, if the workbook is protected, some menu items are unavailable.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP