james

Default I'm having problems exporting contacts from excel to outlook

Peo Sjoblom

Export as CSV file

Peo Sjoblom

Gord Dibben

james

The basics........Your layout may differ, but adjust to suit.

First have the names and email addresses in Excel in two columns.

I set up also a third column with the names duplicated so when you Import to
Outlook you have a name for the Contact and a Display Name instead of the
email address in the To: box.

FileSave AsFile Type CSV(comma delimited)(*.csv)

Now open Outlook and FileImportExportImport from another fileComma
Separated Values(Windows)NextFile to Import(you can browse to your saved
*.csv file). Next you will be asked where to import them to. I bring mine to
"Contacts".

Follow the instructions and you will get a Map. Drag your names and addresses
to the appropriate spots on the Map

1. Name of Contact
2. Email address1
3. Display Name(if you have one by making the duplicate column mentioned
earlier). If not, the email address wil be displayed in the To: box.

Continue with the OK's until Outlook pulls all from the *.csv file(should take
only a few seconds).

Now they are in the Contacts folder, you can group them as you wish.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:19:02 -0800, "james"