remco2mill

Default Cell Editing

How to you set the program to allow cell editing followed directly by using a
cursor key instead of ENTER (like Lotus....)
Gord Dibben

Hit F2 to enter edit mode(see Edit on Status bar). Arrows will move within
the cell.

Hit F2 again to enter "Enter" mode(see Enter on Status bar). Arrows will take
you out of the cell.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:57:05 -0800, "remco2mill"
wrote:

How to you set the program to allow cell editing followed directly by using a
cursor key instead of ENTER (like Lotus....)

Jim Rech

Look at the bottom left corner of the Excel window while you are typing an
entry in a cell. When it says "Enter" the arrow keys will select another
cell. When it says "Edit" the arrow keys move the editing cursor within the
cell. To switch between the two press F2. This is, btw, very similar to
1-2-3.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP