jdawg56

Default Can't open Hyperlinks from another computer

I have made a spreadsheet that has Hyperlinks to another spreadshhet. The
Hyperlinks work fine on my PC but no one else can't link to the spreadsheet
from his/her PC. When they link it says something like "the file name is not
found.." In most cases Excel freezes as well. I put the spreadsheet with
links on to a network so anybody can access the files. I noticed that the
path I make is P:/Planning/Service Agreements... When I check the path on
another PC it's ../Planning/sService Agreements... What is going on? I have
Excel XP, the person who try's to look at the file has Excel 2000. Does this
have anything to do with it?
Bill Manville

Hyperlinks work a bit differently between Excel 2000 and XP.
I suggest you try setting File / Properties / Summary / Hyperlink Base
to the name of a non-existent server (e.g. \\NoServer\ )

See if that cures the problem (a) for new hyperlinks you make and (b)
for the existing ones. If (a) but not (b) then remake the existing
hyperlinks.

If neither then make the hyperlinks using the HYPERLINK worksheet
function instead.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England