Carlita Siew

Default i want to open database exclusively

i wanted to modify the data in my access database but i received an error
message stating that i had to open database exclusively.
What does it mean? what should i do to open my database exclusively?
Thank you.
Gord Dibben

Carlita

You have posted an Access question to an Excel news group.

Are the two connected in some way?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:39:03 -0800, Carlita Siew <Carlita
wrote:

i wanted to modify the data in my access database but i received an error
message stating that i had to open database exclusively.
What does it mean? what should i do to open my database exclusively?
Thank you.

Alok Joshi

Though your question is posted to the wrong Newsgroup..
When you open Access 2000 using File/Open you will see the Open button with
a down arrow on it. Click and select Exclusive there. This will open the
database in an Exclusive mode.
Alok