BobM

Default Charts should not be resized when deleting rows/columns.

If a row or column that passes behind a chart is deleted, the chart shrinks
in size corresponding to the width of the row or column that was deleted. The
same is true when inserting rows or columns in the area where a chart is,
except that it grows. This is very annoying.

The only workaround I know of is to move the chart away from the
rows/columns which will be deleted before deleting them. There hasn't been a
situation yet when I've been happy the chart resized itself.

I suggest that charts retain their dimensions regardless of when happens
with the sizing of the rows/columns behind them.

Regards,
Bob
Oliver Ferns via OfficeKB.com

hold down Shift and click on the chart. It will be selected with white
circles instead of black squares around the perimeter. Now right click the
mouse, select Format Object, goto the Properties tab and select "Dont move
or size with cells". That should achieve the effect you desire....

Hth,
Oli