bruiseman

Default Complicated Pie Chart formula

I have a survey that I want to graph the answers to in a pie chart. However
the particpates could choose more than one response to the questions. These
means that each pie piece must be a percentage of the total surveyed not of
the total answers. I don't know if this is even possible. If you know how to
do this please let me know.
Tushar Mehta

I am having a hard time understanding what you want to do and how you
want the data reported. How about an example that illustrates what you
want?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I have a survey that I want to graph the answers to in a pie chart. However
the particpates could choose more than one response to the questions. These
means that each pie piece must be a percentage of the total surveyed not of
the total answers. I don't know if this is even possible. If you know how to
do this please let me know.

bruiseman

Basically I have taken a survey that has one question that you could have
more than one answer to (i.e. what genres of music do you like and then a
list of different genres that you can pick as many as you want to). I have
about 60 filled surveys and I want to see the percentage of each genre picked
in relation to the 60 filled out surveys. I realize now that it may not work
in a pie chart but I can not even get it to express that way in any form of
chart. I hope this is a little more clear.

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

I am having a hard time understanding what you want to do and how you
want the data reported. How about an example that illustrates what you
want?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I have a survey that I want to graph the answers to in a pie chart. However
the particpates could choose more than one response to the questions. These
means that each pie piece must be a percentage of the total surveyed not of
the total answers. I don't know if this is even possible. If you know how to
do this please let me know.

Jon Peltier

A histogram might work:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html

Or you could make a data table as if for a histogram (described in the
article above), but make a pie chart instead.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services