cheryl

Default merging reports

i have been using excel all year to report my expenses.
is there a way to take all the reports and merge them into one to get my
years total?
I am really inept at excell... and will be takign a course in the new year.
i jsut think this would be so much easier than printing off all my reports
and ading them up manually. HELP!!!!
Gord Dibben

cheryl

I think you must provide more details.

How are your reports laid out? One worksheet? More than one workshhet?

In columns? In rows?

A sample of your lay-out would be helpful.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:05:04 -0800, cheryl
wrote:

i have been using excel all year to report my expenses.
is there a way to take all the reports and merge them into one to get my
years total?
I am really inept at excell... and will be takign a course in the new year.
i jsut think this would be so much easier than printing off all my reports
and ading them up manually. HELP!!!!

cheryl

one worksheet . columns and rows. it totals automatically for each type of
expenses.. ie postage, meals, etc..

each report has all the same items and functions. i just use the master
copy over and over.
how could i send you an example?
would a pivot table do this for me?

wrote:

i have been using excel all year to report my expenses.
is there a way to take all the reports and merge them into one to get my
years total?
I am really inept at excell... and will be takign a course in the new year.
i jsut think this would be so much easier than printing off all my reports
and ading them up manually. HELP!!!!

Alok Joshi

One would need more information than this.. The detail would typically go
like this
Each expense report is on one row. The Columns B,C,D and E contain different
categories of expenses. Column V contains the total expense for each expens
report ... etc..etc..
Alok