Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Copying Row Data to Specific Worksheet

I have an excel file that a running summary as the first sheet.
Subsquent sheets are named by the client name which is in the B column
of the first sheet. I would like a formula or macro even, to go
through the first sheet and link the info for each client to their
specific sheet. There are 3 different columns on the first sheet that
correspond to 3 columns on the client's sheet.

Things have been so busy that I've only been able to keep the summary
sheet up to date, while the client sheets are used for running totals
of hours spent with each client for billing purposes. I need to update
the client sheets so I can process invoices.

I have looked through the group and have not found what I need, I have
found the offset function as well as the match function, but I'm not
certain how to make them work exactly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

One way which delivers it nicely ..

Try this sample construct from my archives:
http://www.savefile.com/files/151988
AutoCopy_Data_To_Resp_Sheet_Non_Array_Approach.xls
(Full details inside, nicely rendered! Easy to adapt ..)

Data is continuously entered in a master ("parent") sheet, with lines
neatly auto-copied to each individual ("child") sheet based on the
values within a key col.

In the sample, the key col in the master sheet is the "Colours" col,
which may contain eg: Red, Yellow, Green, etc. All lines with "Red" in
the key col will be auto-copied to the sheet named: Red, and appear
neatly bunched at the top. Ditto for lines with "Yellow", "Green", etc.

Propagation of the "child" sheet is as simple as making a copy of the
initial one, then renaming it accordingly as the key col value. Eg we
first formulate one child sheet for "Red", dress it up nicely, then
just make copies of the "Red" sheet, and rename these as: Yellow,
Green, etc

In your instance, the colours would be your client names ..
--
Max
Singapore