Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.templates,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Data Upload from Excel to SQL Server

Try this
First, change your insert query into a Stored Procedure in SQL Server, using
parameters
I GUESSED AT DATA TYPES FOR THE PARAMETERS. Make them the same as the
table's field/column types

create procedure dbo.usp_Insert_Upload_Specific
@Loc vchar(5),
@PType vchar(5),
@Quant integer,
@PName vchar(25),
@Style vchar(5),
@Features vchar(25)

AS

INSERT INTO Upload_Specific
(
Location,
[Product Type],
Quantity,
[Product Name],
Style,
Features
)
VALUES
(
@Loc,
@PType,
@Quant,
@PName,
@Style,
@Features,
)

GO

Now your code can be a little easier

Sub InsertData()
Dim oConn As Object
Dim sSQL As String
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set wsSheet = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Product Tracking")
Set oConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
oConn.Open = "Provider=sqloledb;" & _
"Data Source=xx.x.xx.xx;" & _
"Initial Catalog=xxx_xxx;" & _
"User Id=xxxx;" & _
"Password=xxxx"

' NEW CODE HERE
Dim intParams As Integer
Dim objCmd As New ADODB.Command

' Connect the Command object to the data source.
objCmd.ActiveConnection = objConn

' Set CommandText equal to the stored procedure name.
objCmd.CommandText = "dbo.usp_Insert_Upload_Specific"
objCmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc

' Automatically fill in parameter info from stored procedure.
objCmd.Parameters.Refresh

' Get the count of required parameters SHOULD BE 6
intParams = objCmd.Parameters.Count - 1 'first one is RETURN value

DIM rng as Range
DIM ccell as Range
set rng = range("A2:A20") ' change this range to include all your data
For Each cc in rng
' call the stored procedure

for x = 1 to intParams
objCmd(x) = ccell.offset(0,x-1)
next x

' now that all the parameters have been assigned values
' execute the query
objCmd.execute

next ccell

'close the connection
oConn.Close
Set oConn = Nothing
End Sub

"Doctorjones_md" wrote:

I have the following code which does the following:

1. Deletes all rows having a value of "0" in column C
2. Uploads the data in Row 2 to my SQL Server

What I need for the code to do is to upload all rows on the worksheet -- how
would I modify the code to upload all rows, or iterate on each row having
data?

Here's my code:
========================
Private Sub DeleteBlankRows()

Dim lastrow As Long
Dim r As Long
lastrow = Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For r = lastrow To 2 Step -1
If Application.CountIf(Cells(r, "C").Resize(1, 1), 0) = 1 Then
ActiveSheet.Rows(r).Delete
End If
Next

End Sub

Sub InsertData()
Dim oConn As Object
Dim sSQL As String
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set wsSheet = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("Product Tracking")
Set oConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
oConn.Open = "Provider=sqloledb;" & _
"Data Source=xx.x.xx.xx;" & _
"Initial Catalog=xxx_xxx;" & _
"User Id=xxxx;" & _
"Password=xxxx"
sSQL = "INSERT INTO Upload_Specific " & _
"([Location], [Product Type], [Quantity], [Product Name], [Style],
[Features]) " & _
" VALUES ('" & Range("A2").Value & "', '" & Range("B2").Value & "', '" &
Range("C2").Value & "', '" & Range("D2").Value & "', '" & Range("E2").Value
& "', '" & _
Range("F2").Value & "')"
oConn.Execute sSQL
oConn.Close
Set oConn = Nothing
End Sub

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.templates,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Duke,

Thank you for the reply and recommendation -- Stored Procedures aren't my
forte, so I'm going to give your suggestion a try -- it's Friday, maybe I'll
get lucky! I'll let you know how it works for me -- thanks again,

"Doctorjones_md" wrote:

[...]

'" &
Range("C2").Value & "', '" & Range("D2").Value & "', '" &
Range("E2").Value
& "', '" & _
Range("F2").Value & "')"
oConn.Execute sSQL
oConn.Close
Set oConn = Nothing
End Sub

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.templates,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Duke,

Looking at your code -- did you mean to type "ccell" vice "cc" in the
following (4th line):

DIM rng as Range
DIM ccell as Range
set rng = range("A2:A20") ' change this range to include all your data
For Each cc in rng
' call the stored procedure
===================
When I run the code, I get the following error: "Runtime error '3001'
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
conflict with one another.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this? Could it be a conflict in data
types that's causing this?

"Doctorjones_md" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.templates,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I reposted this because I was unable to achieve desired results from
previous recommendations.

===================
I have the following code which does the following:

1. Deletes all rows having a value of "0" in column C
2. Uploads the data in Row 2 to my SQL Server

What I need for the code to do is to upload all rows on the worksheet. My
thought is that I might need a For/Next Loop, but I'm not sure where in the
code to place it. Any ideas on how/where would I modify the code to enable
it to (loop through) upload all rows, or iterate on each row having
data (those not deleted by the DeleteBlankRows procedure)?

Here's my code: