KC Mao

Default copy a cell value not its function

Excel question:

ce11 A1 value=500
Cell B1 value=600
Cell C1 value=2000
Cell D1 value=50
Cell E1 value=C1-D1-B1-A1
use contrl+D to copy cell E1 value all the column down to cell E100
What I wnat is to use contrl+D to copy E1 value not its fuction.

Please if someone could help.
Norman Jones

Hi KC,

To copy down the snapshot value of E1:

Select E1 | Copy | Select E1:E100 | Paste Special | Values | Ok

-- OR --

To copy down a value which wll equal E1 and reflect any change in E1:

Select E1 | Select the entire formula in the formula bar and hit F4 to
convert to an absolute formula | drag down

---
Regards,
Norman

"KC Mao" wrote in message
Excel question:

ce11 A1 value=500
Cell B1 value=600
Cell C1 value=2000
Cell D1 value=50
Cell E1 value=C1-D1-B1-A1
use contrl+D to copy cell E1 value all the column down to cell E100
What I wnat is to use contrl+D to copy E1 value not its fuction.

Please if someone could help.

Debra Dalgleish

Select cell E2
Ctrl+Shift+' (apostrophe) to copy the value from above
Then drag the fill handle on cell E2 to copy the value down to row 100

Or select cells E2:E100
Press Ctrl+Shift+' to copy the value from above
Press Ctrl+Enter to enter the value in all selected cells

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List