JZip

Default i need help automating, or at least simplifying, my charts

hey all,
thanks to some wonderful techniques and tricks i have learned here on the
forum i have created a series of rather complex charts. they have impressed
my supervisors, and may even become a standard for the state to use. :)
now, i need to come up with a way to produce these charts in far less time
than they currently take.
These charts are line profiles of State Park trails that are derived from
GPS data I collected hiking the trails. They're purpose is to give the user
a visual representation of the elevation gain and loss along the trail, with
areas above a predetermined slope done in a 2nd color, as well as
intersection points where the hiker can switch to another trail.

the charts consist of:

series 1: scatter plot: elevation in feet (Y axis)/distance in miles (X axis)
series 2: scatter/area treatment of series
1(http://www.peltiertech.com/excel/cha...areachart.html)
series 3: scatter plot: intersection points along trail
labels of series 3 using X-Y Chart Labeller
(http://www.appspro.com/utilities/ChartLabeler.htm)
series 4: scatter plot: sections of trail exceeding slope of .099
series 5 scatter/area treatment of series 4

As you can imagine, i first have to pare the data down, and then go through
a number of steps to accomplish all this. I need to find a way to speed up
the process, ideally, automate portions of it.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thx in advance,
jeff

Jon Peltier

Jeff -

This might be a good place to start:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...kChartVBA.html

Then check out the other VBA examples on my site (this leads you to "V"
in the index):

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#V

- Jon
-------