TheJaxSun

Default Worksheet Tabs

Can I group worksheet tabs and then give each group a name underneath the
existing tabs? For example I have color coded the different tabs and grouped
them accordingly. Now I want to label each group.
Frank Kabel

Hi
no you can't do this in Excel

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"TheJaxSun" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Can I group worksheet tabs and then give each group a name underneath

the
existing tabs? For example I have color coded the different tabs and

grouped
them accordingly. Now I want to label each group.

TheJaxSun

Thanks!

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
no you can't do this in Excel

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"TheJaxSun" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Can I group worksheet tabs and then give each group a name underneath

the
existing tabs? For example I have color coded the different tabs and

grouped
them accordingly. Now I want to label each group.

David McRitchie

Workaround, place a prefix in front of the worksheet tab name
k.Keyboard Shortcuts, k.Function Keys
grp1.Books, grp1.Media, grp2.Books, grp2.Media

Then you can sort your worksheet tabs
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#sortallsheets
---
HTH,

"TheJaxSun" wrote in message ...
Can I group worksheet tabs and then give each group a name underneath the
existing tabs? For example I have color coded the different tabs and grouped
them accordingly. Now I want to label each group.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
VA - Joe

I have beed trying to do the same thing. Ideally I'd like to see a handful
of tabs on my spreadsheet that are major topics and be able to click on the
tab group to show all the tabs below that belong to that group. Sometimes
when you have one spreadsheet with 30+ worksheets things get cluttered.
Windows permits folders and subfolders, I'd like that feature in Excel too.