Melissa

Default Changing chart orientation

I'm using Excel 2002 and creating a chart.
The most similar chart to the type I want is the stock chart
(high-low-close). Using the chart formatting I can get pretty much what I
want except for one thing....
I want to change the orientation of the chart so the high-low-close
information is presented horizontally rather than vertically.

If it helps here's some more detail on my actual data. It's the aggregated
they agreed with a number of statements. Answers are 5 categories (strongly
disagree, disagree, not sure, agree, strongly agree). Each answer is coded
with a number (so rating 1-5.) People from 5 organisations responded. I want
a chart per question that compares the high-low-mean for each organisation.
So ideally the numeric scale (1 to 5) would run along the horizontal axis and
each organisation is a y axis category with a horizontal high-low bar and an
indicator for the "close" (or in my case mean score).

Hope you can help or advise me a different method to get the same/similar
result.
John Mansfield

Melissa,

Please see this entry at Jon Peltier's site . . .

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html

John has a file available for download that also explains his technique.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Melissa" wrote:

[...]

Jon Peltier

I've also posted this chart, which might be an easier way to get what Melissa wants:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/HorizontalHLC.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Melissa" wrote:

[...]

Melissa

Thanks I'll try both approaches (probably Jon's first as it looks slightly
simpler to understand!)
I appreciate the quick response I was tearing my hair out!!!