Junior Member

Unhappy Hyperlink to Bookmark stops functioning

I have bookmarks in a Microsoft Office Word 2003 document which I have pasted as hyperlinks into cells in a Microsoft Office Excel 2003 spreadsheet.

This is one Word document and one Excel spreadsheet.

It seemed to be working fine, then clicking on a link in Excel only showed the hand with the target information. The one-click did not function anymore.

Then, I saved and closed both documents then reopened the Excel worksheet and clicked on a cell's hyperlink which immediately opened the Word document at the correct bookmark.

But subsequent clicks on any hyperlinks do not go to the open document.

I've tried resaving, resetting the hyperlinks - same problem.

Another attempt: Save Word Document after adding new bookmarks seems to work until I save the related Excel worksheet. That particular save seems to disable the return to the Word document after it has been opened for the first time with a hyperlink.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Last edited by Frances D : November 21st 06 at 05:30 PM