Jay Lauffer

Default XML Source Menu Item disabled?? File version??

My XML Source Menu Item is disabled (aka greyed-out). Why?

I have a workbook with multi-worksheets and I want to enable a conversion to
XML, I'm trying to follow the documentation here, but it's poorly organized
and more poorly written (IMHO).. I can't find anything which tells me why the
menu item would be disabled. The version is Office 2003 Pro and (clearly)
the capability is there, I can see the "XML Source" item.

I did a quick test and if I make a brand new file, I have the XML Source
option so that means means this is a file version issue?. I know this
workbook came from an older (Office 2000 or XP) verison of Excel, how do I
convert the workbook so I can attach an XML schema? Is this why or is there
a problem because of the multiple sheets?

I tried to save the file in XML spreadsheet format but that doesn't seem to
matter, I'm probably missing something obvious, but an hour of googling and
navigating the help documentation hasn't churned up anything.

--
Task - "collaborate and achieve"
http://www.loadngosoftware.com

Jay's rants: http://www.loadngo.biz/content.aspx
Jay Lauffer

Bah, two hours later and I finally find unprotect sheets...
I stand by my earlier opinion about the help, however it appears that yet
again the problem is simple and easy to resolve.. why were the sheets
protected to begin with?