Brian

Default I have a col. with 6 digit nos to convert to 3 cols of 2 digits

I have a column which contains 6 digit numbers (i.e. 123456).

I want to convert it into 3 columns of 2 digit numbers (i.e. Column A
=12,Column B=34,Column C=56).

Anyone know how?

Thank you.
Art

Assume that your 6 digit number is in A1. You can get what you want using
the following three formulas:

=VALUE(LEFT(A1,2))
=VALUE(MID(A1,3,2))
=VALUE(RIGHT(A1,2))

Art

"Brian" wrote:

I have a column which contains 6 digit numbers (i.e. 123456).

I want to convert it into 3 columns of 2 digit numbers (i.e. Column A
=12,Column B=34,Column C=56).

Anyone know how?

Thank you.

Frank Kabel

Hi
use 'Data - Text to columns'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Brian" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a column which contains 6 digit numbers (i.e. 123456).

I want to convert it into 3 columns of 2 digit numbers (i.e. Column A
=12,Column B=34,Column C=56).

Anyone know how?

Thank you.

Brian

Thanks Art.

Works like a charm.

Although the first time I typed it into the cell it just sat there like it
was text. But then I retyped it and all is well.