Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
xk xk is offline

Default How to find the linked cell in EXcel

Hi,

When I open a excel file, there is prompt indicating there are link in this
file.
Since this file has so much sheet and data, is there anyway that I can use
it in Macro to find this linked cell ?

Thanks

xk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi xk,

It isn't hard to find links without a macro. Simply use Edit|Links and
you'll usually be able to see the first source file's path and filename
listed against 'source file:'. If your workbook is linked to more than one
file, selecting each in turn will reveal it full details. So, now all you
need to do is a 'find' for those.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"xk" wrote in message

When I open a excel file, there is prompt indicating there are link in

this
file.
Since this file has so much sheet and data, is there anyway that I can

use
it in Macro to find this linked cell ?

Thanks

xk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
xk xk is offline

Hi, macropod,

Thanks for your reply.
But this case is just not that simple.
I did Edit/Link, it shows as the below
Source Type Updated Status
Adj Worksheet A Unkonwn

And there is no any info for Location
actually, no such source file exists. And there are links which are between
the sheets in this file, not with the other file. But it always gets prompt
which ask to "update" or "unpdated" with the link of out source.

Have any idea about this issue?

Thanks

xk

"xk" wrote in message

When I open a excel file, there is prompt indicating there are link in

this
file.
Since this file has so much sheet and data, is there anyway that I can

use
it in Macro to find this linked cell ?

Thanks

xk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi xk,

Curious.

In that case, try doing a search for any cells containing ':\' in a formula.

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"xk" wrote in message
Hi, macropod,

Thanks for your reply.
But this case is just not that simple.
I did Edit/Link, it shows as the below
Source Type Updated Status
Adj Worksheet A Unkonwn

And there is no any info for Location
actually, no such source file exists. And there are links which are

between
the sheets in this file, not with the other file. But it always gets

prompt
which ask to "update" or "unpdated" with the link of out source.

Have any idea about this issue?

Thanks

xk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Hi XK,

You might also find Bill Manville's FindLInk addin useful. It's available
at:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Cheers

--