beverama

Default how do I cut and paste

I work with Microsoft EXCEL everyday. I receive file and frequently I have
to cut and paste to a new file and I have no idea how to do this. Can you
help....
gls858

beverama wrote:
I work with Microsoft EXCEL everyday. I receive file and frequently I have
to cut and paste to a new file and I have no idea how to do this. Can you
help....

check this link:

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...e/id-2196.html

No offense intended :-) It's just a pretty good primer.

gls858
Jim Rech

I assume you mean Copy and Paste. It's simply a matter of selecting the
range to copy (paint it out by dragging over the range with the mouse or
using the arrow keys with the Shift key down) and doing an Edit, Copy (or
Ctrl-c as a shortcut). Then select the first cell in the destination
workbook and worksheet and press Enter. You can move with one workbook to
another using the Window menu or the shortcut key Ctrl-Tab.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"beverama" wrote in message
|I work with Microsoft EXCEL everyday. I receive file and frequently I have
| to cut and paste to a new file and I have no idea how to do this. Can you
| help....

Gord Dibben

There is probably more to your question than you have not told us.

Provide more detail and a tailored solution may be offered.

Basics for cut and paste.

With received file open.........

FileNewBlank Workbook.

Switch to received file.

Select a range of cells and EditCut(or copy).

Switch to new workbook.

Select a cell and EditPaste. Save the new workbook.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP