Nigel Freeney

Default Activex alert when opening excel

I have just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003.

Each time I open Excel I am prompted with this

This application is about to initialize ActiveX controls that may be unsafe.
If you trust the source of this document, select Yes and the control will be
intialized using your document settings

I assume that there was an activex control on the normal template of my
excel xp installation which was carried across to the update excel 2003.

I would like to create a completely fresh template but I can't see how to
delete the existing one.

It would also be helpful to actually identfy the control but there is no
useful identifying infomration other than this error message!

Thanks,

Nigel
N'Sign International Ltd

peter

Had the same issue. I needed to open a file with a macro
post some data and close. The warning made the procedure
interactive because someone had to respond to the warning.

The solution I used was kb827742. (search the microsoft
Knowledge Base for this article)

It starts on page to right below Forms 3 and Active x
initialization...

It worked fine. The message doesn't pop up any more.

peter

.