kattnip

Default how do I deactivate multiple e-mail address hyperlinks in excel

I have a list of names etc including e-mail addresses and everytime I put an
e-mail address in it's in the form of a hyperlink and I have to manually
deactivate it. I would like to setup the sheets without this hyperlink
appearing all the time. When I go to change an address it takes me
immediately to the web browser and deactivating one at a time is annoying and
sometimes it still doesn't deactivate.
Gord Dibben

kat

ToolsAutoCorrect OptionsAutoformat as you typeReplace as you type.
Uncheck "Internet and network paths with hyperlinks"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 05:57:01 -0800, "kattnip"
wrote:

I have a list of names etc including e-mail addresses and everytime I put an
e-mail address in it's in the form of a hyperlink and I have to manually
deactivate it. I would like to setup the sheets without this hyperlink
appearing all the time. When I go to change an address it takes me
immediately to the web browser and deactivating one at a time is annoying and
sometimes it still doesn't deactivate.

David McRitchie

hi katnip,
If you do not have Excel 2002 or later you will have to do
something else. Such as deleting the hyperlinks afterwards with
a macro. You can run a macro to remove hyerlinks from a
selection or you could have an event macro delete the hyperlinks
as soon as they are entered. You can try using Ctrl+Z immediately
after a hyperlink is generated but that will interfere with normal typing
and you will miss some.

Removing object hyperlinks from a Cell or cell range (#DelHyperlinks)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#DelHyperlinks

---
HTH,