Jo

Default Counting data - 1 last question

Thank you. Now I want to take the sheet that summarizes
the individual dates divided into the 3 times groups - and
total them by month. How can I do that without having to
manually choose each range for each month?
Max

[ Original post in: http://tinyurl.com/69bp2 ]

Do a similar set-up in a new Sheet3

In Sheet3
-------------
Put in A1: =Sheet2!A1

Copy over the 3 time bands listed in:
B1:B2 : 700, 1500
C1:C2 : 1500, 2300
D1:D2 : 2300, 700
(these will act only as col labels here)

Put in A3 : 1-Jan-2003
Format as Custom, type: mmm-yy (It'll appear as "Jan-03")
Copy A3 down to A14 to fill for the whole year's worth

Put in B3:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Sheet2!$A$3:$A$1000)=MONTH($A3) )*(YEAR(Sheet2!$A$3:$A$100
0)=2003),Sheet2!B$3:B$1000)

Copy B3 across to D3, fill down to D14

The above will return the monthly summary for the year 2003
from Sheet2

Adapt to suit

--
Rgds