Rick

Default Default Chart size

When I create a chart it always defaults to 128% (custom) view. When I send
it to others, they complain about having to reduce the size. Is there a way
to set my default chart settings to 100% for every new document?

Thanks,

Rick
John Mansfield

Rick,

Are you referring to a chart sheet or an embedded chart? Assuming you're
referring to a chart sheet, one method would be to add the following code to
the code module of each chart sheet. To do so, go to Tools - Macro - Visual
Basic Editor. Look for the chart code module in the VBA Project window on
the upper left side of the screen. Add this code to each chart sheet module:

Private Sub Chart_Activate()
ActiveWindow.Zoom = 100
End Sub

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Rick" wrote:

When I create a chart it always defaults to 128% (custom) view. When I send
it to others, they complain about having to reduce the size. Is there a way
to set my default chart settings to 100% for every new document?

Thanks,

Rick

Jon Peltier

Rick -

Another thing to try, which will probably screw up your print setup, is
select Options on the Tools menu, click on the Chart tab, and check
Chart Sizes With Window Frame.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Rick" wrote:

When I create a chart it always defaults to 128% (custom) view. When I send
it to others, they complain about having to reduce the size. Is there a way
to set my default chart settings to 100% for every new document?

Thanks,

Rick

Jon Peltier

Just to follow up, a quick test has showed that the print setup is not
affected at all by this setting, but the way the VBA Chart.Export method
handles the chart is vastly different.

- Jon
-------

"Rick" wrote:

When I create a chart it always defaults to 128% (custom) view. When
I send it to others, they complain about having to reduce the size.
Is there a way to set my default chart settings to 100% for every new
document?

Thanks,

Rick

Elikian

Hi

I have a similar question, but just the opposite. I'm using Excel
2000.

I used to have my graph in zoom of 130%, because the size'd be better
when exporting to html.

Now I had to reinstall windows, and by default now the Chart Sizes With
Window Frame option is turned ON, so I cannot zoom anymore. However, I
can't turn if off ?? Everytime I click it, the checkmark just stays
there.

In programming code, the 'sizewithwindow' property is set to True, and
if I select False it immediately resets to True again :(

Any way I can correct this?
Thanks!

--
Elikian
Elikian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24436

Elikian

Hahahaha... ok, I solved the problem by installing a printer ...

Now I can unclick the checkmark. Weird stuff... but I thought I'd
mention it for future users.

--
Elikian
Elikian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24436