jason

Default Device I/O Error

I run a macro with the following two lines in it:

Sheets("CLIENTNAMES").Range("A1").QueryTable.Refre sh
BackgroundQuery:=False
Sheets("GLOBALHOLDINGS").Range("A1").QueryTable.Re fresh
BackgroundQuery:=False

and then I get this I/O error message throughout excel, even if I
close the book that contained the lines.
If I comment out these two lines then everything is hunky-dory

Any ideas what I should do?
(I'm using Excel2000)

Regards
Jason.

AlfD wrote in message ...
Hi!

Curiouser...

I too have had this I/O error message.

Excel workbook produced in Excel 2003 on my machine (Windows XP) which
has Google desktop.
Transferred to another machine (Excel 2000 : Windows 2000 Professional)
which does not have Google desktop.

I/O message appeared on this other machine but no eventual loss of
programme etc.

I might add, I would be loathe to dump the Google. It finds things I
never even knew existed let alone the ones I had long forgotten.

Alf