Satraver

Default Please help me, losing hair (chart with 2 data against time)

Oh my soul, I've been trying to create a chart showing simply this: I have
spreadsheet with three columns; first is hardware, second is Test, third is
Time. So I'm comparing how long it takes on four different machines to run
through a series of tests. I want the chart to show bars with a different
color for each type of hardware (so all HP6750s are red, HPC8000s are blue,
etc). The Y axis should be time. And the major X axis should be type of
test (loading data, rotating data, etc). I cannot figure this out. Please
help if you can.
Debra Dalgleish

Put the machine names in the first column, and enter the tests in the
first row, as column headings. For example:

Load Rotate
HP6750 0.25 0.33
HPC8000 0.3 0.3

Then, create the chart from the table.

Or, you could build a pivot table and pivot chart.
There are instructions and links for pivot tables on Jon Peltier's site:

Add headings to the first row of the list
Select a cell in the list
Choose DataPivotTable Report
Click Next, select the list, click Next
Click Layout
Drag the Hardware button to the row area
Drag Test to the column area
Drag the Time button to the Data area, where it will
become Sum of Time
Click Next, choose a location for the Pivot Table, click Finish

Select a cell in the Pivot Table, and click the Chart Wizard button

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List