Wanda_pb

Default How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells

How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to
repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J...
Barb Reinhardt

=A1&".gif"

"Wanda_pb" wrote in message
How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to
repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J...

Wanda_pb

Thank you, that was very helpful, but I guess I should have mentioned there
were "/" also in the text. When I did your suggestion, it deleted the "/"
and the text between them, but did add the .gif to the remaining text. I
want to keep all of the text (including the /'s) and add the .gif to the end.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

=A1&".gif"

"Wanda_pb" wrote in message
How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to
repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J...

Jon Peltier

Wanda -

Why don't you show us what the text in the cells looks like. Copy a few
cells and paste as text into a reply.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Wanda_pb wrote:
Thank you, that was very helpful, but I guess I should have mentioned there
were "/" also in the text. When I did your suggestion, it deleted the "/"
and the text between them, but did add the .gif to the remaining text. I
want to keep all of the text (including the /'s) and add the .gif to the end.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

=A1&".gif"

"Wanda_pb" wrote in message

How do I add the same text to numerous existing cells without having to
repeatedly type the text? Ex. adding .gif to XXE1149J, XXE1130J...

Wanda_pb

Here's and example of what I'm trying to add .gif to:
/graphics/BC1456Q
/graphics/BC1462Q
/graphics/BC1470X
/graphics/BC1471X
/graphics/BC1475X

Here's an example of what happens when I entered =A1&".gif":

AF 1100 C.gif

Wanda_pb

I'm an idiot. I didn't put in the correct cell. It works just fine.
Thanks!!!!