pinkie

Default your help system is the worst of any software i've used.unable to.

tirying to fill in a column in my spreadsheet automatically.I want to start
with the number 1 and increase by 1, e.g 1,2,3 etc, in a column of cells I've
selected.believe it or not using your help system I was unable to find out
how to perform this extremely elementary operation. I was unable to find the
fill option anywhere on the tool bar!
I believe your help system needs to be really improved on!
Michael

Hi Pinkie
In A1 put 1, in A2 put 2
Highlight both cells and drag the little black box in the bottom right of
Cell A2, down as far as you need.

Autofill is the keyword search in Help, and then select Fill series.
HTH
Michael

"pinkie" wrote:

tirying to fill in a column in my spreadsheet automatically.I want to start
with the number 1 and increase by 1, e.g 1,2,3 etc, in a column of cells I've
selected.believe it or not using your help system I was unable to find out
how to perform this extremely elementary operation. I was unable to find the
fill option anywhere on the tool bar!
I believe your help system needs to be really improved on!

Michael

Hi Pinkie
In A1 put 1, in A2 put 2
Highlight both cells and then click and drag the little black square in the
bottom right of A2 down as far as you need.

Autofill is the keyowrd to use in help, and then select Fill series.

HTH
Michael.

"pinkie" wrote:

tirying to fill in a column in my spreadsheet automatically.I want to start
with the number 1 and increase by 1, e.g 1,2,3 etc, in a column of cells I've
selected.believe it or not using your help system I was unable to find out
how to perform this extremely elementary operation. I was unable to find the
fill option anywhere on the tool bar!
I believe your help system needs to be really improved on!

Don Guillett

1. It is not OUR help system. This is an independent peer to peer ng that is
NOT part of MS.
2. Had you bothered to goto the HELP INDEX and just type in fill
you would have seen the 3rd option
3. Your apology to the ng is accepted.
Fill data within a row or column
1.. Select the cells you want to copy.
2.. Drag the fill handle across the cells you want to fill, and then
release the mouse button.
Tip

To fill in the active cell with the contents of the cell above it (fill
downward), press CTRL+D. To fill in with contents of the cell to the left
(fill to the right), press CTRL+R.

Note You can use Auto Fill Options to choose options for how to fill the
selection. For example, you can choose to Fill Formatting Only or Fill
Without Formatting.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"pinkie" wrote in message
tirying to fill in a column in my spreadsheet automatically.I want to

start
with the number 1 and increase by 1, e.g 1,2,3 etc, in a column of cells

I've
selected.believe it or not using your help system I was unable to find out
how to perform this extremely elementary operation. I was unable to find

the
fill option anywhere on the tool bar!
I believe your help system needs to be really improved on!

Attached Images