Ratbert66251

Default .csv file creation for importing into a database

I receive data as an excel office xp 2002 file that I need to convert into a
..csv file format. When I "save as" a .csv file and attempt to import into a
SQL database, the import log indicates errors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ratbert66251

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ','. ; Row= 1
and
String or binary data would be truncated. ; Row= 1

HTH

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

What errors does it show?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Ratbert66251" wrote in message
I receive data as an excel office xp 2002 file that I need to convert into
.csv file format. When I "save as" a .csv file and attempt to import into
SQL database, the import log indicates errors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nick Hodge

Have you checked the text file in notepad to see if it is actually saving as
a comma or some other delimiter? If it is some other delimiter, you may
find your setting in windows is wrong. It may also have consecutive
delimiters or some spurious other characters ('.;:\ /), etc

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
HIS

"Ratbert66251" wrote in message
Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ','. ; Row= 1
and
String or binary data would be truncated. ; Row= 1

HTH

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

What errors does it show?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
HIS

"Ratbert66251" wrote in message
I receive data as an excel office xp 2002 file that I need to convert
into
.csv file format. When I "save as" a .csv file and attempt to import
into
SQL database, the import log indicates errors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ratbert66251

yes, I have. Thanks, anyway, Nick! I guess it is time to step aside and pay
the professionals.

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Have you checked the text file in notepad to see if it is actually saving as
a comma or some other delimiter? If it is some other delimiter, you may
find your setting in windows is wrong. It may also have consecutive
delimiters or some spurious other characters ('.;:\ /), etc

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
HIS

"Ratbert66251" wrote in message
Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ','. ; Row= 1
and
String or binary data would be truncated. ; Row= 1

HTH

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

What errors does it show?