3D-charting

Default How do I automatically plot different ranges of data in different.

I need to chart parameters that are a function of three variables in the 2002
version of Excel. I have used the x and y axis to represent 2 variables on an
'xy chart', but require an automatic method to represent the value of the
third variable. I have tried the 'bubble-plot', but cannot get sufficient
resolution between the data. Is their any way that I may plot the third
variable in different colours/shades, that automatically changes for
different ranges of the the third variable?