cmrdjr

Default How do I take two columns of sequential numbers and insert spaces

I have a spreadsheet with two columns of sequential numbers. I need the
numbers in column A to line up with the matching numbers in column B. Is
there a way to do this automatically in Excel?
Frank Kabel

Hi
does column b contain more or less items/values than column A?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"cmrdjr" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a spreadsheet with two columns of sequential numbers. I need

the
numbers in column A to line up with the matching numbers in column B.

Is
there a way to do this automatically in Excel?

cmrdjr

Column b may have some numbers that column A does not have and visa versa. I
ended up writing a macro to accomplish the task, but would still like to know
if there is an inherent Excel feature to do this task. See example below.
Thanks for your help.

A B
1
2 2
3
4 4

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
does column b contain more or less items/values than column A?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"cmrdjr" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have a spreadsheet with two columns of sequential numbers. I need

the
numbers in column A to line up with the matching numbers in column B.

Is
there a way to do this automatically in Excel?

Frank Kabel

Hi
no there's no built-in feature for this. Except using a macro one may
use some helper columns to sort the data