AMT1957

Default How do I set up currency conversion in Excel?

Living in UK, for some reason I appear to have only the Euro currency
convertor on Excel 2002. I need to convert £GBP costs into $USD. I cannot
find a download. Does any body know of a 'quick-fix' or of a macro that will
do the task?
Thanking you in anticipation.
Naz

There are 2 options I can think of.

1) Create a formula that does the conversion. example £ to USD
=A1*A2 where A1 contains £ and A2 contains the converstion rate
say 0.60
=.6 £1 coverts to 0.6USD

2) Enter this code into a new module, select the range and then run the macro.
Assuming the conversion rate is in cell A1

Sub Converter()

Dim Rng As Range

For Each Rng In Selection.Cells
Rng.Formula = Rng * Range("D58")
Next Rng

End Sub

Hope that helps

___________________
Naz
Lodon

"AMT1957" wrote:

Living in UK, for some reason I appear to have only the Euro currency
convertor on Excel 2002. I need to convert £GBP costs into $USD. I cannot
find a download. Does any body know of a 'quick-fix' or of a macro that will
do the task?
Thanking you in anticipation.

Naz

Sorry the code should read as follows, the change was Range("D58") changed to
Range ("A1").
The cell in between the quotes is basically where the conversion rate
resides, so can be anything you want.

Sub Converter()

Dim Rng As Range

For Each Rng In Selection.Cells