Default design form?

What software should I use to design a form for listing my DVD collection?
Are there templates available somewhere?
Naz

To create a simple list Excel is well suited to this.
If you want to create some sort of input form based list then Access would
be your best bet.
Outside of the MS Office range there are lots of other software available to
do this, ranging from the simple to complex, cheap to expensive.

Hope that helps, if you need more help post back

_____________
Naz
Lodon

" wrote:

What software should I use to design a form for listing my DVD collection?
Are there templates available somewhere?

Harald Staff

The form is the least problem. Consider first what this is for, that decides
which data structure you need. You can use just anything if you just want a
"if I write it down then I can read it later" list.

If you want to be able to sort and search your list then a spreadsheet or a
database will do the job.

Big consideration is if/when you deal with relations. Relations are about,
say, one director - multiple movies, one movie - multiple actors. This is
what relational databases do, and if you need a "list all my Arnie movies"
thing then settle for nothing less than a relational database.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"
skrev i melding ...
What software should I use to design a form for listing my DVD collection?
Are there templates available somewhere?

Thank both you and Naz for the responses. It sounds like Access is best for
the task, but I was hoping for a canned template or off the shelf SW that
would accomodate my needs. I haven't found any as yet. I don't even know
where to look on the web.
Thanks again.
SB