Pat

Default Ghost data lurking

I have come across a strange phenomenon which I cannot explain.

First, I deleted several duplicate rows of data. Then I saved the sheet as a
CSV file. The duplicate rows previously deleted are not visible (as it
should be the case). But when the CSV file is viewed in WordPad the deleted
rows appear as though they were never deleted.

This is bazaar. I discovered this when I had difficulty importing the CSV
file into an MSAccess 3rd party program.

Anyone come across this behaviour before?

Pat

Sandy Mann

Pat,

I can't replicate what you are saying by deleting the rows but they do show
in Wordpad if I only hide them. I am using XL97 on Windows XP.

Regards

Sandy

--
to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"Pat" wrote in message
I have come across a strange phenomenon which I cannot explain.

First, I deleted several duplicate rows of data. Then I saved the sheet as

CSV file. The duplicate rows previously deleted are not visible (as it
should be the case). But when the CSV file is viewed in WordPad the

deleted
rows appear as though they were never deleted.

This is bazaar. I discovered this when I had difficulty importing the CSV
file into an MSAccess 3rd party program.

Anyone come across this behaviour before?

Pat

Pat

Hello Sandy,

I am afraid its a false alarm, the source of the problem is the absence of
the word Calculate in the code I use to run to create the CSV file. Sorry to
make you all scratch your head.

Pat