Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Moving Links in Excel

Hello!

Can anyone help me figure out how to lock hyperlinks to a text instead
of to a cell? I am creating an inventory list (with List Maker) in
Office Mac 2004 Excel. I need to link the name of the product (in
Column A) to another Excel sheet with details about the product. The
links work fine, but if I add additional products, the links move with
the original cells - not with the product text they were assigned to.
I have checked 'help' and my Excel book, but cannot find any information
about locking links.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

-Anna-Vija

--
annavija
annavija's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4240

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

I'm not a Mac user, so forgive me if this advice is inappropriate.
I would use the HYPERLINK worksheet function.
To link to cell Z3 on sheet Sheet2, with text "Product A":

=HYPERLINK(CELL("address",Sheet2!$Z$3),"Product A")

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England