Mike

Default Opening Excel XP

Excel begins to load(I see my name below logo), but then closes with
'Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close'. I can,
however, open Excel only in Safe Mode but only in the Administrator log-in,
not my own user acct. I am not part of network. Other Office XP programs ok.
Files
are there as I can copy them and open on another computer. I have run
several virus/adware scans, tried clean boot(not sure if successful), have
deleted all .xlb files, I had no add-ins checked. There are no files in any
of my 3 XL Start folders. I have donwloaded latest
Installer 3.0. Have un/re-installed Office XP, I have tried to put in
/RegServer in Run...(normal and safe modes-doesn't find file. One experiment
produced need for vbe6.dll which I could not find in a search. I tried to
download a security patch from MS but it said it did not 'recognize my
product'.
Pls respond while mind still somewhat intact
Mike