Ryan

Default exception generated was c0000005

Hi,

I have a user (on windows 2000 and excel 2000 sp3) who is trying to
create a chart in excel and every time he attempts it excel crashes.
The application log entry is: -

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on
01/28/2005 @ 15:53:45.243 The exception generated was c0000005 at
address 3003DCC8 (<nosymbols)

When i log in as myself i can create charts perfectly, any ideas where
to start? (I have already uninstalled and reinstalled/patched office)

Many Thanks
Ken Wright

What version Excel is he running?

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Ryan" wrote in message

I have a user (on windows 2000 and excel 2000 sp3) who is trying to
create a chart in excel and every time he attempts it excel crashes.
The application log entry is: -

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on
01/28/2005 @ 15:53:45.243 The exception generated was c0000005 at
address 3003DCC8 (<nosymbols)

When i log in as myself i can create charts perfectly, any ideas where
to start? (I have already uninstalled and reinstalled/patched office)

Many Thanks

Ken Wright

OK forget the dozy question asking you what you stated in your first line
:-(

With XL2000, whenever you see an issue with that app and logging on as
another user doesn't have the issue, it is almost invariably down to a
corruption with the toolbar customisation file. Search for his *.xlb and
then delete it. Excel will just create another one, but be aware any
existing customisaions he has made will be lost

--

"Ryan" wrote in message

I have a user (on windows 2000 and excel 2000 sp3) who is trying to
create a chart in excel and every time he attempts it excel crashes.
The application log entry is: -

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on
01/28/2005 @ 15:53:45.243 The exception generated was c0000005 at
address 3003DCC8 (<nosymbols)

When i log in as myself i can create charts perfectly, any ideas where
to start? (I have already uninstalled and reinstalled/patched office)

Many Thanks

Ryan

Ken Wright wrote:

OK forget the dozy question asking you what you stated in your first
line :-(

With XL2000, whenever you see an issue with that app and logging on as
another user doesn't have the issue, it is almost invariably down to a
corruption with the toolbar customisation file. Search for his *.xlb
and then delete it. Excel will just create another one, but be aware
any existing customisaions he has made will be lost

Thanks i will give it a try.