jacob farino

Default color formating ontingenton upon another cell?

Is it possible to have a drop down box (validate, java, something?) that
will highlight an entire row?

For instance,
If Column A is set for three choices, 1 2 or 3, can i have the corresponding
row highlighted a color for each?

I'm great with validation drop downs, but i don't know a lot about buttons
and such. I believe it would be easier and more user friendly if someone
could tell me how using a button or control.

Thanks,
Jacob

JE McGimpsey

Instead of a control, use Conditional Formatting

Select all the cells in the sheet or at least the cells you want to
color), with A1 as the active cell. Choose Format Conditional Formatting.

In the CF dialog, using the dropdowns and textbox, enter

CF1: Formula is =$A1=1
Format1: Click Format and choose a color from the Patterns tab.

Click Add. In the second CF block enter

CF2: Formula is =$A1=2
Format2: Select a second color

Click Add again and enter your third color for $A1=3