Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Trouble Updating Linked Spreadsheets

I am working on 2 Excel files with multiple tabs and spreadsheets going out
to Col. EU. I don't have any problem when I am working on these files at my
home computer but then when I email them to others, the links are still
attached to my computer and therefore, it appears, cannot be updated. This
means if any #s change in one file, the other file is not updating for those
changes. Is there any way around this or am I just doing something wrong?

I'm pulling my hair out and would appreciate any help on this subject.

Thanks.
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

If the files are both located in the same directory as each other when
used (whatever that directory might be) there should not be a problem.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Thanks for your response. The problem comes up when I email them to other
people and they open them on their computer. The links are still mapping to
my directory. I have now tried using a separate folder for these files,
zipping the entire folder and sending it that way. Hopefully this will work
but if you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks.
Susan