jzip

Default How do I change the properties of specific points in a scatter plo

....more specifically, I have been creating elevation profiles of state park
trails and have been changing the points that coincide with intersections to
large circles while leaving the rest of the data series unchanged. Hovering
over the line with a pointer until I locate the precise point, and then
manually changing it's properties is becoming very time comsuming. Is there
a way I can automate the process, or at least do multilple points at once??
Bernard Liengme

If I understand the problem correctly, here is a suggestion: use a second
series for the intersections
Let's say the distance values are in A1:A200 and the heights in B1:B100
In column C at each intersection point copy the data from column B (ie at
C12 use =B12)
No select all of C1:C100, use Copy; click chart; use Edit | Paste Special;
specify New Series

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jzip" wrote in message
...more specifically, I have been creating elevation profiles of state
park
trails and have been changing the points that coincide with intersections
large circles while leaving the rest of the data series unchanged.
Hovering
over the line with a pointer until I locate the precise point, and then
manually changing it's properties is becoming very time comsuming. Is
there
a way I can automate the process, or at least do multilple points at
once??

jzip

Bernard,
Thx, you nailed it.
I am just now getting accustomed to 'tricking' Excel into doing the stuff
that I want. It has taken me 3 data series and the XY Labeller to create a
chart that I feel should have been much more simple to make. MS really has
got a long way to go to make Excel meet our needs.
Thx again for your help.
Jeff